This course is designed for the beginning guitarist.
It consists of four lessons and you will receive one lesson per week. At the end of each lesson, you will clearly understand and be able to perform a new musical skill.
Lesson 1: One Step At a Time
- Step 1: Using the Pick/Plectrum
- Step 2: Playing the Notes
- Step 3: Putting It All Together
- Step 4: Getting Faster
Lesson 2: First Batch of Chords
- Step 1: The Chord Chart
- Step 2: Playing the Chords
- Step 3: Sounding Great Before Strumming
Lesson 3: Connecting the Chords
- Step 1: The Chord Groups
- Step 2: A Clean Getaway
- Step 3: Strumming On the One
Lesson 4: Strumming Everywhere
- Step 1: Playing All Four Beats
- Step 2: The In-Between Bits
- Step 3: Syncopation
- Step 4: Now Go Find a Song to Play
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to give the beginning guitarist a proper start, and to fill in some gaps in the intermediate player’s foundation.
You will not need any experience. If you did, you wouldn’t be a beginner, now would you?
You will need a guitar, of course, and it can be an electric or acoustic guitar. If you use an electric guitar, be sure to have a clean sound. Distortion, while tons of fun, can mask some problems that affect all beginning players.
Once you know your playing is clear, you can crank your amp up to eviction level!